Sunday, June 17, 2012

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH MRT

Today is June 18,2012. The day started with a strong rains with floods in some areas of Metro Manila. I left my home around 7:00 A.M.Trying to take a ride of a jeep was already something that wasn't normal today. There's a lot of passengers waiting to take a ride. I guess some jeeps and buses decided to skip to avoid the floods. That's why I have to run after a jeep and muscle my way to take a ride. While on the jeep on my way to the Quezon Avenue station of the MRT, I thought if it was hard with the jeeps then it could be the same way with the train.

When I arrived at the MRT station, well, I wasn't surprised because it was exactly as I thought of- a sight of a horrible long queue of passengers outpouring all around the station. At first I hesitated to join the queue and thought of proceeding to the LRT  Munos station. But  then I still decided to go ahead with MRT.

Oh my God! It took me 1 hour and 12 minutes just to board the stupid train! It was a horrible long queue that barely moves. I sweated profusely because of the body heat generated by the large crowd. Inside the train still it was hot because the air-conditioning system wasn't working well.

What is wrong with the  MRT? Their service is really very poor. What I heard MRT is operating on a loss. But it should not be the reason for a poor service. Comfort of the riding public should be the primary consideration. The air-conditioning system of their coaches is way inferior compared to the LRT and much worst compared to the other train systems in Asia.

I wonder if the DOTC is aware of the problems with MRT operations. I think Secretary Mar Roxas should look into their operations before it gets worst and worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment